Friday, October 11, 2013

...but why? These things should stay in Japan.

No.  Contrary to what the anti-ecchi crowd thinks, very few genuinely ecchi games make it across the ocean.  While manga and anime have fan translators to make the scene more lively than it actually is, for ecchi game lovers, they are limited to let's plays on youtube or buying relatively expensive import copies.

In my case, while I seek ecchi, they are often embedded in games that are more often than not grueling timesinks (I'm looking at you, Agarest series).  I also generally only mildly tolerate the dungeon crawling genre -- which is the genre that contains many of these minigames -- for the sake of Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssey.  If it weren't for the anime aesthetic, I would prefer to play more engaging forms of RPG.  Thus I just want to focus on the particular aspect that attracted me in the first place... the anime ecchi minigames.

I launched this site because I want to submit my first game in this genre as part of a game jam... I am not revealing yet which one.  Although I am very late and have only two weeks left to start and finish this game.  I'll be using Construct2 to make it in HTML5.

No comments:

Post a Comment