Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I Rub You, Mahou Shoujo!

Alright, kids.  Remember, do not try this at home (or in the office, or on the bus / train / plane).   The stunts you are about to see are performed by professional 2D characters in a closed digital environment.

The character you see is over 18 years old (well, technically, 512 years old).  Only fondle consenting adults.  That is all.

So without further adieau...
(click on the pink title below to launch a new browser window.)

... yes, it's a mobile browser game, the future of gaming. If there's no sound, upgrade the browser, it must have web audio api for it to work.

So it's basically a crappy little HTML5 hybrid visual novel and rubbing game I made in the span of 3 afternoons programming and a whole weekend drawing, for #magicalgirljam.  The story I just pulled out of my ass, but this was a good exercise for me, since I haven't released a game in almost 2 years.  So this one, no matter how small and shitty, is hoped to be good and complete enough for a good laugh.  It takes a whole 2 minutes or less to complete. It'll probably take way longer for someone to register this on VNDB, that is if they even bother.

I really needed to get this out since I've been out of the scene and I haven't even been reading my emails and I'm just so out of it and busy with real life.  I just needed this creativity juice flowing out no matter how silly or stupid.

Maybe next time, I'll have more time to make a full-blown touch eroge or something.


2 comments:

  1. Kind of cute. ;) I tried it on my Android phone (which apparently uses Chrome 30.0.1599.92), the only sound I got was the countdown before the 'action' happened. I tried it on Chrome on Windows and I got music; however, I did run into a slight difficulty because I was trying to tap (mouse) in the corner to advance, but it would only advance if I tapped more in the middle of the window. On either browser, it seemed that when I 'rubbed' the girl, her image would move up and down. I kind of expected that the image would stay still while being rubbed.

    All in all, I think it's a good start, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing.

    Hmmm, I really need to figure out the sound caching.

    The girl image moving is purposeful... in more professional rubbing minigames, the movement is predetermined, I think. I wasn't sure how to code a unique movement path, but I should have made the sprite only follow the mouse a little bit instead of being totally draggable.

    ReplyDelete